office (585) 234-1056
The Rochester Regional Group
The focus of the Environmental Forum is to educate our community that every aspect of environmental wellbeing is touched by how we eat and to help to provide a link to the local options that are available to everyone.
Daily dietary choices are some of the most critical decisions that we make as a human population. In our lifetimes, we are directly responsible for what these daily choices do to our planet, our health, and our future generations. Because of this we strive to eat as healthy and environmentally sound as possible.
• Over 30 Booths including Local Food Producers & Providers and Local Environmental & Non-profit organizations.
• Green Product Raffles at 6:30 pm. • Heirloom Seed Give-Away from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
• Homemade Skin Salve Demonstrations by Rochester Roots.
• Free Samples from Small World Bakery.
• Free Gardening advice from Cornell Cooperative Extension. • Talk with local CSA’s, Farmers Markets, Farms and more.
• Benefits of Stinging Bugs - short presentations by Phillip Cook.
• Butterfly Display and short presentations by Lindsay Kuhn.
• Many ideas for 2009 Summer & Fall Activities.
• Jazz Music by Art St. Hilaire Trio from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
• Light fare (soup & wraps) available for purchase from Abundance Co-op Market.
The Sierra Club Sustainable Consumption Committee Mission: To encourage people to think about the environmental impacts of their consumption choices by providing specific information. True Cost of Food > Sustainable Consumption > Sierra Club